This cutting-edge Online Exemption Filing system provides a safe, secure, and easy way to file for Homestead Exemption as well as many other exemptions for which you may be eligible.
Once the change of ownership is reflected for your parcel, you may utilize the online filing system. If you recently purchased your home, you may not yet appear as the current owner. Deeds are normally processed within 8 to 10 weeks following your real estate transaction but could possibly be processed much sooner.
Before beginning the application process, please review the filing requirements and application checklist below. After the application has been completed and processed, you will receive a confirmation e-mail for your records.
The property is owned by one of the following:
- Single Homeowner
- Married Homeowners Filing Together
- Applicants are U.S. citizens
- Applicants have made the property their permanent residence
- Applicants have a Florida driver license or identification card with correct current address
- Applicants have terminated their legal residency and any out-of-state Homestead Exemption or residency-based benefit
- The property is a site-built home, meaning not a manufactured or mobile home
- Driver license or Florida ID card with correct current address
- Social Security number
- Date of permanent residency in Florida and occupancy in home
- Florida Vehicle registrations for all vehicles
- Voter registration (if applicable)
Further documents may be required based on your selection of additional exemptions.
See Florida Statute 196.015 for other items which may be considered for a person claiming Homestead Exemption to establish permanent residency in this state.